Grandma's Gluten-Free Baking N Cooking

Gluten-Free Does Not Mean Flavor Free

Book: The Allergen-Free Baker's Handbook - Cybele Pascal

Hello,

I'm new to the form.  I picked up the above book by Cybele Pascal at the library and bought my own.  The wonderful thing I discovered in this book was the superfine brown rice flour.  Just ordered 9 lbs. worth!  I cannot find this special flour in any health food store, and order on line from New York to ship to California.  Nine pounds may seem like a lot of flour but after I ordered just 1 package (comes in 3 lbs), it didn't last long and it doesn't look like much when you get the flour.  Authentic Foods produces the superfine flour but I actually order mine from another source who carries their products.  It's cheaper.  As for the book and recipes.  It's wonderful.

Eleanor

Views: 34

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have also found that grinding your own brown rice flour for some recipes works well - just buy some brown rice and use a spice grinder/coffee grinder/magic bullet to grind it. I use this method when I don't need it to be super fine. When I use brown rice for frying, this is the best method because I can control how fine it is and it's super cheap! You just buy regular brown rice from any grocery store and grind it. 

RSS

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Notes

Follow Us On Facebook

Created by Joyce Paige Nov 3, 2015 at 11:08am. Last updated by Joyce Paige Nov 3, 2015.

Follow Me On Twitter

Created by Joyce Paige May 16, 2009 at 2:27pm. Last updated by Joyce Paige May 16, 2009.

Notes Home

Welcome! To view all notes, click here.

Created by Joyce Paige Jan 10, 2009 at 6:26pm. Last updated by Joyce Paige Jan 10, 2009.

© 2017   Created by Joyce Paige.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service