Grandma's Gluten-Free Baking N Cooking

Gluten-Free Does Not Mean Flavor Free

Tricked Out Brownies

I wanted to try the new Betty Crocker Brownie mix but I can never leave well enough alone. I decided that I wanted to add some Kahlua, Craisins and pecans. I did not realize until too late that the mix has chocolate chips already in it. However, if you love chocolate, this recipe is definitely for you! I am thinking about increasing the amount of Craisins next time I make these.

Ingredients:

¼ cup Kahlua

½ cup Craisins (sweetened, dried cranberries)

2 eggs

¼ cup butter

Betty Crocker Gluten-Free Brownie Mix

½ cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips

1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350*.

Macerate Craisins in Kahlua in a small bowl.

If you have not already toasted the pecans, place them in oven and bake about 5 minutes. Then chop them.

Melt butter and use a little to “grease” pan (I actually use my baking pan to melt the butter – saves dishes and time). Let butter cool if it is hot – this is to prevent turning the eggs into scrambled eggs. Add eggs and melted, cooled butter to brownie mix. Combine until all the mix is wet. Fold in the Craisins with the Kahlua, the chocolate chips and pecans into the brownie mixture and pour into your prepared pan. I used a 10” pie plate (metal). Bake at 350* for 33 minutes (if you use a different size/type pan, your baking time will vary). Brownies are ready when toothpick stuck about 2 inches from sides comes out mostly clean. Let brownies cool for at least 20 minutes. Cut into squares and serve with vanilla ice cream or coconut frozen dessert.

I whipped 8 ounces of whipping (heavy) cream with 1/8 cup raw sugar and when ready, folded in 1/8 cup Kahlua (don’t whip in or it will break the cream). Then I topped my brownie with some.

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh I love cranberries! I may have to make these too!

RSS

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Notes

Follow Us On Facebook

Created by Joyce Paige Nov 3, 2015 at 11:08am. Last updated by Joyce Paige Nov 3, 2015.

Follow Me On Twitter

Created by Joyce Paige May 16, 2009 at 2:27pm. Last updated by Joyce Paige May 16, 2009.

Notes Home

Welcome! To view all notes, click here.

Created by Joyce Paige Jan 10, 2009 at 6:26pm. Last updated by Joyce Paige Jan 10, 2009.

© 2018   Created by Joyce Paige.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service